Wednesday, March 9, 2011

transition tasks

gift tags
Usually my art work is project based, so I am immersed in research, making, writing etc. My preference is for historical projects that relate to the sea. At times I have driven myself a bit nuts having more than one long term project on the go at once.  Now, as I recover from my cancer treatments I find myself in the strange position of not having a 'project.' Everything feels as if it has been swept away and while many possibilities are coming my way I feel I have to be a bit more decisive in what I choose to do.  At the moment I don't feel a sense of expansive time or energy, my concentration and memory are compromised: but I feel the studio drawing me in like a magnet. So I think, for a week or so I will dedicate my studio time to transition tasks, making craft work from my 'stuff.'  Working in this playful way reminds me of what I do and at the same time is utilising old prints and dyed fabrics - making way for the new. 

3 comments:

  1. they remind me of mud flats in summer..sand and silt and sea.Swallows and amazons

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.p.s
    I like that you are following yourself-very Peter Pan and his shadow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I did that Kat in case no one else followed!

    ReplyDelete